We all enjoyed the last ISEV meeting in Rotterdam!
There were insightfull talks and new approaches from international groups and speakers. Also, we had interesting inputs to improve our work and study further microvesicles when we presented our two posters:
- Marta Monguió-Tortajada, Ingrid Evans-Osses, Marcel I. Ramírez, Francesc E. Borràs, “Capture of membrane-derived microvesicles from Giardia intestinalis induces activation of human monocyte-derived dendritic cells”, P1C-046.
- Armando Menezes-Neto, Sara Inés Lozano-Ramos, Francesc Borràs, Carmen Fernández-Becerra, Hernando A. del Portillo, “Comparative analysis of proteomics data of plasma-derived exosomes“, P10C-3211.
Importantly, we are really happy to say that three GEIVEX members were awarded at ISEV2014:
- Xabier Osteikoetxea, for best oral presentation:
Xabier Osteikoetxea, Andrea Balogh, János Matkó, Krisztina Pálóczi, Dániel Vértessy, Andrea Németh, Bence György, Ágnes Kittel, Tamás G. Szabó, Katalin Szabó -Taylor, Barbara Sódar, Maria Pásztói and Edit I. Buzás, “Improved characterization of EV preparations based on protein/lipid ratio and lipid properties” (O8B-330)
- Nuno Santarém, for best oral with poster presentation:
Nuno Santarém, Begoña Perez Cabezas, Ricardo Silvestre, Cátia Silva and Anabela Cordeiro-da-Silva, “Characterization of Leishmania extracellular vesicles: insights into their immunoregulatory role in the establishment of the infection” (OP2-118)
- Alexandre de la Fuente González, in the best oral presentations runners up:
A. De La Fuente Gonzalez, L. A. Alconada, J. C. Bunuel, T. G. Caballero, R. L. Lopez and M. A. Posada “M-Trap: exosome-based capture of tumour cells as a new technology in peritoneal metastasis” (O7C1-5672)
The II GEIVEX Symposium looks now even better, so get ready for Tarragona on 9-10th October 2014!